17 October 2006

It happened again...

After years of assuring myself that I didn't need (and even didn't want) a Telecaster (not even yet another guitar, to be honest), last Saturday I succumbed to the Word. Guilty was the black one I tried while recording the album (check the previous post from Day 12 in the studio). Since that day, I badly needed to satisfy another GAS attack.

GAS, for those who hadn't heard it before, stands for Guitar Acquisition Syndrome, (the G alternatively also for Gear). It's a very common disease among musicians, but especially among guitar players. It's that urgent and compulsive need to get some new guitar, amp or effect (whether you really need it or not doesn't really matter, it's a bloody disease!), and makes you lose sleep, sweat and fever until you got it.


So, well, a friend of mine told me Friday night he had seen a cool '52 American Vintage Reissue for a good price and Saturday morning I was at the shop with my rather underused Strat for a trade-in and a deal was struck within 10 minutes, after which I was the proud owner of a Telecaster called Margarita. The paths of the Guitar Lord are always good for a surprise...

Love & Teles,

Stone

PS: Oh, yeah, I had a good time in Gran Canaria too. After all, who wouldn't with so many cool people around?

No comments: