15 April 2007

Farewell, Irene


Yesterday I sold Irene, my Fender Jaguar '62 Japan Reissue in Olympic White. A truly great guitar. It was quite hard parting with her, as she was my first good guitar, bought in Madrid in May 1997 from a guy at a guitar store who had to sell her in order to pay his rent. Sad but true, and so I got my hands on her. I later used it to record almost all of Acid Jokes.

It's always hard to sell a guitar, especially such a beauty, but I wasn't playing her at all lately and was really far from my "sound" (if I ever had such thing), which is more a humbucker-style bad motherfucker. And after all, I have to make some room for the one(s) coming up, you never know with me and my GAS (I got my eyes set on a few nice birds right now.)

So farewell, Irene. May your new owner make some nice surf rock with you!

Stone

No comments: