19 July 2004

Explorer

Today I brought out the Explorer. Man, what an amazing little guitar that is! It had been a while since last played it (Kurt Cobain Tribute in April) and it just feels SO right... not too heavy, right balance, it's no wonder you start riffing like a madman and come up with a few new ideas for songs on the spot.
Otherwise I've been experimenting with a capo for the acoustic guitar. I did some songs live with the acoustic a few weeks ago and it just gave the tone such a cool chimey sound. I probably suffer under the GAS (gear acquisition syndrome), but I seem I can't stop getting cool stuff lately on my hands... the Orange 2x12 box, the pedalboard. the capo... IÄm gonna get broke if I go on like that, man.
I'm catching up with the last two weeks of guitar retirement, as I had positively no time at all to play with my family here, but it was fun anyway. Family always is. Sometimes, of course.
Stone

No comments: